2017 Article 2

• Author(s) of article: The weather Channel
  • Title of article: Historic Hurricane Harvey’s Recap
  • Name of magazine, newspaper, website, etc. containing the article: The Weather Channel
  • Date article was published: September 2nd 2017
  • Web address: https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/tropical-storm-harvey-forecast-texas-louisiana-arkansas
  • This disastrous event effected many people in Texas, Louisiana, and Arkansas. Stick around to find out what kind of damage Harvey did and how many people it left homeless. Hurricane Harvey hit the United States August 26th but that day it hit Texas with 40-61 inches of rain and 130 mph winds that day as well. On August 30th it hit Louisiana. All of this happened because of a little wave who knew that a little wave could turn into a category four hurricane. This storm formed from crazy winds and big wave circulation. Yes I did answers the 5 “W’s” and “H”. I think out of all of those that they What is most important because without that the people would not have known what was going on and how to deal with it. I think that this story is very important because it impacted so many people in the southeast. I would say that this article is international because so many people heard about it and cared about it and rain came off of the hurricane and hit other places in the north. The impact it had would be a negative one because people were injured or even killed by this hurricane. Roughly 13 million people were affected by this hurricane. The main idea of this article is Hurricane Harvey and the damage it caused in 2017. Yes I do believe that the author put the events in order from most to least important because they started with the damage and ended with hurricane facts. Yes this article came from a wired source, it came from the people who tracked the hurricane to that very day. It came from weather experts on The Weather Channel. Harvey made landfall as a Category 4 Hurricane with winds of 130 mph near Rockport, Texas this quote made it sound more reliable because it stated facts. The most interesting thing to me in this article is how many people were involved I find it crazy that 13 million people were involved in just one hurricane. Some questions I have is how do the people who track the hurricane know how long it it takes before it hits land. I would like to learn more about hurricanes and how they form.